A big thank you to all my followers

Tuesday 21 January 2014

New

(I am attempting to use my Christmas present of a tablet to post this so please bear with me,computer literate I am not!) I think I might be pushing it here, but when I saw the challenge at Addicted to CAS ,I just happened to be making a card for my SIL who will be 60 this week,and the first thing I thought of was that my SIL was heading into a NEW decade and a NEW phase in her life as she officially retires... I made the card using pool party for the ;number 60 and the flourish which is from a retired Christmas Set of SU using Baja breeze ink. The flowers are punched and hand finished at the centres with a fine black pen and a gem.Finally the sentiment is also from SU. (The ribbon bow is there because I confess that I left an inky mark and needed to hide it oops).

7 comments:

  1. A great design Jenni, I love how you've done the flowers and the swirls. Great take on the challenge too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very elegant card :) Thank you sharing with us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stylish card Jenni, love the colour on that fabulous flourish!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new decade does it for me Jenni! Love those flourishes and your clever ribbon treatment! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, love the extra details on the flowers and the colour is gorgeous. Would never have known the bow was covering an "oops" as it looks fab :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the way you center focused this! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love when challenges just happen to line up and work with a card you are either working on, or had in mind! I think this is a gorgeous card for your SIL and I love your interpretation of the "new" in terms of what she is going through.

    And, IMHO, thank goodness you made a boo-boo, because that bow is the perfect touch right there!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!